The development of the innovative design methodology “Ac.Ca. Building” and its prototypical experimentation contribute to the achievement of numerous objectives, both general and specific, capable of determining relapse afferent the construction practice to be adopted, seismic safety, housing quality, environmental and economic sustainability of the proposed building system.
The general objective of the project is the development of methodologies and techniques that allow:
- increase the competitiveness of industrialized systems on the market, overcoming the limits that typically limit their diffusion in some typological sectors;
- favouring energy savings, limiting the emissions of CO2 and polluting gases into the environment;
- guarantee high anti-seismic safety standards;
- to propose elevated and innovative architectural quality standards;
- guarantee indoor environmental quality indicated by the legislation of the sector;
- contribute to reducing the time and costs of building a building.
With reference to the general repercussions on construction practice, taking into account the technological context of reference and in the interest of strengthening the market position of the partner companies of the “ATS Ac.Ca. Building”, the following specific objectives of the project are highlighted:
- strengthening the use of the steel structure in the residential sector;
- development of constructive systems with high structural performance (steel) and with competitive construction times;
- diffusion of the use of dry technology in a class of non-specialized professionals;
- expansion of the dry component market to be combined with steel systems;
- involvement of SMEs in the industrialized systems production market;
- predictability of assembly times;
- improvement of security conditions during the execution of the works;
- specialization of workers with progressive control of the quality of the building;
- reduction of execution times.
In terms of environmental sustainability and housing quality, the following possible consequences for development, first experimental and subsequently industrial, of the constructive system object of the proposal are highlighted:
- reduction of environmental impacts in terms of consumption of resources and harmful emissions in the construction phase;
- reduction of environmental impacts in terms of waste production and harmful emissions in the management and disposal phase of the entire building, of components and materials;
- adaptability of functional and technological performance of structural parts and of completion of new regulatory frameworks;
- versatility of the aesthetic quality of the completion components;
- experimentation for the achievement of the indoor environmental quality of the building envelope, in compliance with the UNI EN 15251 standard.
An indoor environmental monitoring system will be implemented as well as the basic plant engineering for the pursuit of the following technological innovation objectives:
- monitoring of the critical indoor variables of the “Ac.Ca. Building” prototype;
- instrumental tests in the field for the energy efficiency of the prototype;
- experimentation within the “Ac.Ca. Building” prototype of the innovative “Quake Saver” technology.